Anna Kate and Will with our Christmas elf that just
arrived from the North Pole. They were very careful
So... this is our first year to try having our own elf that reports to the North Pole
each night on all that he sees Anna Kate doing. He doesn't have to worry about
Will. Will's a breeze. I'm pretty sure he is already worn out and he just got started.
We are trying to convince Anna Kate of all this little elf is capable of, but I'm not
so sure she's falling for it. This afternoon she looks at me and says, "Mommy, the
elf is just pretend... you know that."Who's in the know here? Me or my 3 year old!
Anna Kate is worrying me a little bit on the magic of Christmas. She has already
asked me where her "princess table"(AKA Sleeping Beauty talking vanity) is. It's
like she thinks I bought it or something. Also, over Thanksgiving we caught her
looking under a bed at my parent's with a flashlight. When we asked her what
she was doing, she told us she was "peeking for presents." How does a 3 year
old know to peek for presents? I thought my fun with Santa was just getting
started!
3 comments:
My friend Anna Kate is so funny. I love that she's letting you know what's pretend.
Luke was TERRIFIED of our elf on the shelf. He is a little bit creepy looking. So much for that tradition! I didn't want to give him nightmares.
That is hilarious! Smart little girl! She would have had a hayday at our house. Most of Frances and Libby's gifts are in a trash bag in our room and they are completely oblivious!
Oh no Lauren! What a smarty pants!!
Post a Comment